AWARD: $2,500 per scholarship
Applications must be received by: March 1st, 2021
The businesses and industries of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Environmental account for a significant amount of the Wixom tax base and employment opportunities. Critical to the continuing success of Wixom’s manufacturing and technology sector is the recruitment of trained and skilled employees. To that end, the Wixom Community Foundation (WCF) is offering scholarships to qualifying individuals interested in a career in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and the environmental programs.
ESSAY: Provide a written 500 word essay stating career goals, why they should receive a scholarship, summarize their current and future community involvement activities and include a summary of what their expectations of the program are. This may be included in the Letter of Transmittal. You will be prompted to upload your essay at the end of the application form.
Annually, announcements are issued to area high schools, colleges and, vocational schools describing the scholarship program along with a sample application suitable to copy and distribute. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the Wilfred Scholarship Selection Committee.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Qualify and be accepted in an accredited College of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and the Environmental or another approved program.
- Be at least 17 years of age at time of class start.
- Be a member of a high school senior class, or be a high school graduate enrolled to continue his or her education and pursue a degree as a full-time student in an approved program.
- Applicants must be current residents of the City of Wixom or a nearby community.
- Accept that the Scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in one (1) payment of $2,500, paid directly to the College or University.
- Accept that if any tuition funds are refunded to the scholarship awardee due to dropped classes or the like, the awardee will be required to reimburse the WCF up to the scholarship amount of $2,500.
- Provide a written 500 word essay stating career goals, why they should receive a scholarship, summarize their current and future community involvement activities and include a summary of what their expectations of the program are. This may be included in the Letter of Transmittal.
- Provide a written resume describing interests, classes and work-related activities, voluntary or paid.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation; one (1) from a current teacher and one (1) from current guidance counselor.
- Return all requested items in one packet.
Questions regarding Wixom Community Foundation Scholarships may be directed to the WCF by e-mail at email@example.com or by letter to Wixom Community Foundation.
Checklist: You will need to complete all of the items below:
1) Letter of Interest, Introduction or Transmittal
2) Completed Application Form
3) Proof of admittance to a State University or other College
4) Essay stating career goals and rationale for applying for the scholarship (may be included within letter of transmittal).
6) Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (Teacher and Counselor)
Documents can uploaded at the end of this application.